Shrimp and Sweet Pepper Appetizer
- 1/2 lb bay shrimp
- 2-4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely minced garlic
- 1 tbsp finely minced ginger
- 2 tbsps finely mince shallots
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsps Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tbsps finely chopped parsley
- 1 Fench baguette
Melt 2 Tbsp. butter and 2 Tbsp. olive oil in large skillet and saute garlic, ginger, and shallots over medium heat for two minutes until they begin to release their fragrance. Add the red and yellow peppers and the jalapeno and saute for about 5 minutes until they soften but don't turn brown.
Cut the baguette into thin slices and toast them until crisp. Set aside until serving time. Add the lemon juice and white wine to the peppers and simmer for 5 minutes while the sauce thickens slightly. At the last minute stir the shrimp into the sauce and simmer until they are heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately sprinkled with parsley in a shallow bowl. Your guests can spoon the shrimp and peppers onto the toasts. And oh, how they will thank you!