Grilled Chicken & Asparagus Risotto
- 3 diced shallots
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Several minced galic cloves
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 6-8 cups of chicken stock (hot)
- 1 bunch of asparagus (tips cut then steamed)
- 1 grilled, diced chicken breast, per person
- 1 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Few pats of unsalted butter, no more than 1/2 stick
Saute shallots in olive oil. Add several minced garlic cloves, after one minute or two and sweat both for 5 minutes until tender.
De glaze the pan with white wine. When the wine has mostly evaporated, add rice and moisten with wine, oil, and shallot/garlic mixture.
Begin to add the warm chicken stock, a cup or two at a time, enough to cover the rice mixture each time. Stir for 5-10 minutes and when most of the stock is gone but bubbles still show, add another cup or two of stock. Repeat this process for about 20 minutes.
At this point add the asparagus tips and chicken.
After the final stock addition, turn off heat when it is still a bit moist and not all evaporated. Then off heat, add the cheese and butter.
Serve immediately with a cesar salad and crusty french bread.