- 1/2 lb fresh picked Dungeness Crabmeat
- 2 tbsps finely chopped celery
- 2 tbsps finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 tbsps finely chopped green onions
- 2 tbsps mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tsps whole grain mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 loaf Sourdough, Whole Wheat Seed, Brioche, Focaccia or other firm textured bread
Place the crab meat in a sieve and rinse with cold water to get rid of the briny taste. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Place the crabmeat in a mixing bowl and add the celery, jalapeno, green onion, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Meyer lemon juice and salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly and refrigerate until you are ready to prepare the sandwiches.
We tried two different ways of cooking the sandwiches and liked them both. With the first, we placed the crab mixture between two pieces of bread, brushed the outer sides of the bread lightly with olive oil and grilled the sandwich until it was toasty and crisp. With the second method we sautéed the sandwich in butter, which adds richness but might not work for cholesterol watchers. Either method gives you a delicious, crispy texture. Makes up to four sandwiches.