Chinese Chicken Salad
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts grilled
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped in ½ inch pieces
- 2 tbsps unsalted peanuts
- 2 tbsps cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- Crispy wonton noodles in a can
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons Mandarin orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chop the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously.
To make salad, combine mandarin oranges, green onions, bell pepper, peanuts, cilantro, romaine lettuce, cucumber and celery in a large bowl and toss with ½ the dressing.
To serve: Divide the salad among four plates, top with the bite-size chicken pieces and lightly drizzle with the remaining dressing. Add a sprinkling of noodles and enjoy.