Chinese Chicken Salad
This recipe features all the best flavors of the many Chinese Chicken Salad recipes we have tasted over the years. Stony Hill’s crisp, light, dry Gewurztraminer is our choice to accompany it.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts grilled
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp unsalted peanuts
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- Crispy wonton noodles in a can
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons Mandarin orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chop the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously.
To make salad, combine mandarin oranges, green onions, bell pepper, peanuts, cilantro, romaine lettuce, cucumber and celery in a large bowl and toss with ½ the dressing.
To serve: Divide the salad among four plates, top with the bite-size chicken pieces and lightly drizzle with the remaining dressing. Add a sprinkling of noodles and enjoy.